Sunday, May 2, 2010

When it rains it pours

You know the saying, and boy was it true this weekend. Logan had been acting kind of funny this week, not eating as much and being really fussy. I got a phone call from Tricia on Friday saying that he had pooped 4 times within a 45 minute period. This coming from the little guy who has one poop a day ::apparently we're getting paid back in ten fold for that::. Andy set up a Dr. appointment for him and promptly reported that Logan had an ear infection. Nothing too horrible, and we could still send him to day care the next day. Or not. Friday morning comes and the vomiting begins. So Andy stayed home with him. I figured we were just going to have to deal with a sick baby all weekend, but we're a good team. We could get through this.

Saturday morning arrived and Andy began to throw up. Now, sometimes Andy is a bit of a drama king when it comes to being sick, so I told him to get over it and help me out with Logan. Except every time he tried to drink some water, he ran to the bathroom. Finally, he went to the ER and was told he had strep throat. Not good. Strep throat is evil. It infects everyone. If we lived at home with family around us, it probably wouldn't be such a big deal. But we live in AZ where we are pretty much on our own. So, Andy was quarantined to the guest room, only being allowed to come out of the room if he was wearing a mask. That left me alone with Logan. The baby who is going #2 every time he eats. And only sleeps for 20 minutes at a time. So, I took care of the little guy all night. Thankfully he slept for most of it. And then I had to take care of him for most of the day, trying to finish my lesson plans in between rocking him and putting him down for naps. I'm crossing my fingers that Logan doesn't get sick from Andy, or that I won't get sick from him. Ah, the joys of being a parent.

There was a highlight to the weekend: I've lost 6 lbs total!

1 comment: