Saturday, May 29, 2010

Back to Pre-Logan weight!

I have officially returned to pre-Logan weight. Jenny Craig, although I have never officially met you, you are my new best friend. We are told to reward ourselves every time we meet some sort of goal. The only catch is that we can't reward ourselves with food. In my mind losing ten pounds should be rewarded with some ice cream...preferably some chunky monkey or coldstone, but really, I'll take what I can get. Alas, this will not happen. Instead, I took my slightly smaller booty over to Hobby Lobby and picked up some new scrapbooking supplies. Since I've been home for summer break I've been trying to catch up on Logan's scrapbook that I started when he was born. I'm now up to my baby shower pictures, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I should probably also get back to that wedding album I started almost 3 years ago...

With that in mind, it is true, I am officially on summer break. And I'm loving it. One snafu...Logan doesn't realize it's summer break. Summer break means sleeping in. Never getting out of my pajamas. Lounging on the couch. The pajamas and couch part is easy enough to manage, but the sleeping in is the part we're still working on. And, as we all know, I LOVE sleep. Perhaps one day I'll be able to sleep in again. Even without the sleeping in, I already feel much more relaxed. It's nice to know that I don't have to complete any lesson plans for next week. I have each day open without a list of things I should accomplish. All I need to do is clean a room or two a day, feed the L man, play with him, and change his diapers. It's very doable. Do you know that in other countries around the world I could still be on maternity leave and be getting paid for staying at home with my son? We really need to get on that USA. In the meantime, I'll take my two months of summer and stop complaining.

The goal for this weekend is to take little man swimming in the fun pool in our subdivision. I'm a little scared that his little swimmers are going to be too big for him, since they don't really make his size. Updates on the swimming adventure to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment