Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just when I was getting used to the idea

Let's back up a few weeks and take some time to reflect upon the craziness that has been linked to my involuntary transfer to a new school. As I have mentioned, many feelings have come over me when think of this transfer. First anger, then sadness, acceptance, curiosity, and finally some excitement. I turned in my preference sheet to the principal Tuesday and was somewhat excited on the prospects of moving to a K-3 school, perhaps still teaching 2nd grade. The grass was looking greener, I was in a glass half full type of mood.

Today I answered my phone and was asked to come to a meeting after school. I of course am wondering what I did this time. As I arrive at said meeting I realize there are five of us, the same 5 who were asked to involuntarily transfer. Hmmm. We are quickly pulled into the conference room and told that instead of moving 5 wonderful teachers to another school, only 3 have to leave. Two positions were being opened up again, a 2nd grade position and a 3rd grade position. Awkward silence ensued as we were asked if any of us would like to volunteer to leave. Now, I'm all for helping my fellow team mate, but there was a little bug in the back of my head screaming that MY 2ND GRADE POSITION WAS BACK! So I kept my mouth shut. Luckily, three teachers did volunteer, which means....I get to stay! I'm extremely excited. Not only do I not have to pack my room up, but I get to teach the grade that I love teaching. I get to stay in a school in which I know the students, parents, and have a group of friends I love. I now feel a little less stressed out and content with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment