Sunday, May 30, 2010

We have a swimmer!

Andy and I decided that since it's extremely hot in AZ and since we have two pools in our subdivision, it was time to take Logan to the pool. In the past, our trips to the pool have involved getting a towel for each of us, putting some sandals on, shorts, and a t-shirt, and walking our little butts down to swim. Whoa is it different when you have a baby. Before even thinking about going swimming, I went to Target to purchase some Pamper's Splashers. Note, I did not buy Huggies. I loathe Huggies and will only use them if the diapers were bought for me. I digress. So, we bought the swim pants, and while I was there I also picked up some baby sunblock, a rashguard shirt, and a blow up floating turtle to shade him while he's in the pool. With all of our goods at home, we began organizing the swimming adventure. We first put Logan in the swim pants, then the swim suit, then the rashguard. Next, we lathered the little guy up with sunblock. We were getting ready to walk downstairs when I realized I felt wetness. You see, the swim pants are not diapers. They do not soak up pee, they merely hold in the disgusting poo that may occur in the pool. Our little guy decided he would like to pee before leaving. Which he did. Which made us undress and redress.

We finally descended downstairs, bringing our towels, Logan's sun hat, the camera, packing it all in a bag, and placing Logan in his stroller. We also picked up the very large blow up raft on the way. I will note that Logan hates wearing hats and cries bloody murder when you place one on him. I tried very hard to explain to him that I was protecting his precious face so he could be a knock out for the ladies. Unfortunately he didn't care. We FINALLY arrived at the pool and were happy to see that we had it to ourselves. Although it was hot out, the water was not. We were so afraid that he would start screaming as soon as his little toes touched the freezing cold water, but are happy to say that no tears were shed. However, no smiles were shown either. He was a bit indifferent, a little confused perhaps. There was no expression whatsoever on his face. We played sitting down in the water and splashed with Mommy holding him. He sat in his turtle raft and we realized that it kind of sucks. Eh, it was only $11. Overall, I would say that Logan's first trip to the pool was a success. Here are some pics to prove it:

No comments:

Post a Comment