Thursday, August 19, 2010

Making new friends...hopefully

Although Andy and I LOVE our friends that we have out here in Arizona, we have started to realize that we are a bit different from them. Case in point: We have a baby. I have a couple of friends that are pregnant right now, but that's about it. It's really hard when everyone is going to the bar for happy hour or to see a way cool band, and we opt to stay home with the L man. We're not upset about it, I mean, we planned for Logan to come along (although I had planned for a baby of a different gender...someday perhaps). With our planning, we knew things would change and this just happens to be one of them. So...I've decided to take matters into my own hands and join a play date group. The first one we tried to join declined our application. Yes, that's correct, we had to apply. They apparently are lucky enough to be stay at home parents and meet during the day. Alas, I am not. We quickly tried to find another group...and we're in! I'm incredibly excited about this. We've already RSVP'd to 3 events, one of which is happening next week. The McKenna's will be heading to the Glendale Public Library for some story time and meeting of friends. Let's hope Logan gets along with everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel, that sounds great! Let me know how it goes. I completely understand how it is. Steve and I have been in that boat for 2 1/2 years now. I can't believe you had to apply... sounds crazy. FYI, I found my friend, Danielle (the sub), from a website called www.momslikeme.com. Beware though, a lot of these play date groups and websites are for Moms only. And, like Andy, Steve likes to be involved and go along, so we don't really fit in. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rachel. This is Diana visiting from Meetup Monday. I admire you stepping out to join a play date group. I need to do the same. My 2 1/2 year old loves to get out, but I hesitate because I have my 10 month old as well. I need to just do it like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    New follower from Meet Me Monday. I love these blog hops, they are great ways to meet some really awesome people. :) I've got some more blog hops on my page if you are interested.

    Hoping you'll drop by for a visit whenever you get a moment. Thanks

    Marie
    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete