Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another Check on the Things I've Done in Arizona List

I had been looking forward to Saturday the 31st for awhile. Number one, Andy and I were going to celebrate our anniversary. Number two, we were celebrating alone. As in, no Logan. This has not been done since he was born. We had planned on going to the waterpark together. A little childish, yes, but that's kind of just how we are. We woke up and saw yucky clouds. That's ok, change of plans. We'll just do dinner and a movie. Then all of a sudden...no clouds, tons of sunshine, the waterpark was back on! So, as my preggo friend Stefanie and her husband Chris arrive and are ready to babysit the L man, I decided to put a load of laundry in the dryer. I stepped over to said dryer and felt and sharp prick. I gave a little curse under my breath, thinking that I had stepped on another pricker that Lucy keeps bringing in when I see a SCORPION scurry away. Yes, that's correct, I was stung by a nasty little yellow scorpion. Here he is (or she):
Now, I've seen a few scorpions in the house. It's Arizona, it happens. But we've always killed them before they set their stingers on us. I immediately screamed for Andy, while Stefanie and Chris probably thought I was nuts. Andy found the attacker in the laundry room and killed him so that his attacking days were over. By this point my toe was tingling...a lot. Andy called poison control, explained everything and they said to just ice the area for ten minutes and keep note of any shortness of breath or muscle spasms and they'd call back in an hour to check on me. So...the waterpark was once again off. Even so, we were determined to have a night to ourselves, so we went to dinner, waited for the call, and when we told the lady that my toe felt the same, she said I would be fine. A movie came after dinner and the date night ended up being successful. Apparently something out there wanted us to not be at that waterpark, so I'm just rolling with the punches and saying that things happen for a reason. I had a tingly foot all night, but I'm back to normal now. I'm a little freaked out that we now have a baby in the house and scorpions can get in, so I'm going to have Andy talk to the exterminators and see what more they can do for us. Let's just hope that this experience does not repeat itself.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up west of Phx and lived there for 25+ yrs we were told to put the crib feet in pie pans w water.I fortunately never got stung - esp- when we use to make the scorpions sting themselves as kids Visiting from meetup mon

    ReplyDelete