Friday, July 9, 2010

Fireworks and Milestones

Yes, I know the 4th of July has come and gone, but my lazy butt is just now updating the blog to share how we spent our glorious 3 day weekend together. I'm not usually a big 4th of July person, seeing as how it's flippin 100+ degrees outside in July. However, this 4th of July was Logan's first and gosh darn it, we were going to celebrate! I had the perfect outfit picked out:
and we spent the morning having a neighborhood potluck. Of course everyone thought Logan was just adorable, because he is. I even made sure to bring a health conscious veggie pizza, with all fat free ingredients. I will admit that I had a piece of fried chicken though, and perhaps some potato salad. After taking a long nap, we headed to downtown Phoenix so that Logan could partake in his first fireworks experience. Andy and I expected him to scream when the first boom came, but he was the happiest little man and was just staring in awe at the fireworks the entire time.
He also nommed on Ellie for a good amount of the time.

My memories of the 4th of July include spending the evening at the Ingham County Fairgrounds to watch the fireworks show, driving back to my grandparent's house and lighting sparklers, and of course throwing the white snappers on the front porch. I hope that Logan is lucky enough to have just as many wonderful memories of his 4th of July's to share as he gets older.

Moving on to milestones, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the L man is 5 months old today!
He's such an amazing kid. Andy and I could just sit and watch him for hours on end, laughing at his crazy smiles and gibberish talk. In fact, sometimes we do. The little chunker has grown out of his 3 month sleepers and is now wearing 6 month clothing. Thank goodness I stocked up at the half off goodwill sales. He bounces in his jumper without a blanket underneath his feet. Furthermore, he's trying really hard to sit up on his own. The rolling on the ground continues, only to the left, perhaps he'll figure out how to roll back over soon. He LOVES Lucy and Spencer and lights up with a smile when either of them come close enough for a petting, or rather a grabbing of fur. Favorite game: peek-a-boo or "I hide", the game in which he hides his face from whoever is talking to him. Best game ever invented if you ask him . Basically, I'd just like to repeat what many have already told us, that we have the most adorable little man who amazes us everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment