Thursday, July 22, 2010

Productive

I decided that this week was the one week out of the summer in which I was going to be productive. With work starting next week and the kiddos coming back to school the week after, I got my behind in gear and began setting up my classroom...with Logan in tow. I figured that I'd try to take him in with me on Monday and see if I could actually get anything done. To make sure he wasn't bored I packed up the play gym, his bumbo, Ellie the Elephant, a washcloth, and his teddy bear. Of course, the usual diapers and bottles came too. We must have been a sight walking into school with craziness sticking out from every inch of his stroller. Even so, I'm happy to report: SUCCESS! Not only did Logan come to work with me on Monday, he also came back on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I don't think I broke any child labor laws. I mean, he just played and showed his cute face to all of my teacher friends. We successfully hung bulletin boards up, hot glued massive amounts of posters (while also giving myself a 2nd degree burn, not fun), placed desks into rows, and even took a laminating trip to the teaching store just for fun. My classroom is almost finished and I owe it all to the wonderful behavior of my son.

Logan decided to take in the classroom view from the floor level
Logan explained to me that his favorite time of the day would be calendar. He's currently working on knowing what a number even is
As we put up the word wall we sang our ABC's!
Setting up a classroom is hard work :)

My theory is that by bringing him into the classroom when he's 5 months, Logan will undoubtedly become a genius. Or at least become a successful organizer and decorator. I'd like to lean toward the genius hypothesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment