Sunday, July 18, 2010

New addition...

No, we're not preggo again. I don't think I could handle that at this moment. However, we did just welcome a new addition to the family. Please meet our new elliptical!
Andy and I pondered over whether or not we should buy a home elliptical. First of all, our house is not the largest in the world. We also both have memberships to a gym. My gym is right around the corner and Andy goes to the one by his job. The gym has been perfect for the summer. I've waited until Andy gets home from work and then went to work out at around 8:00 or so. However, with school looming around the corner, I knew this routine wouldn't last long. You may not know this, but as a teacher I bring my work home on most nights. Yes, I know. For the measly amount that they pay me this should not be the case. So...I was crunching the numbers. I could wake up at 5 am, get to the gym by 5:30, work out for an hour, get home by 6:45, shower, but by then it would be 7:45, which is the time I'm supposed to be at work. And there is no way in hell that I am waking up earlier than 5 am. I have a 5 month old, I don't get enough sleep as it is. The other option would be to work out after school, which would be feasible, until I factor in how much work I normally bring home, plus having to take care of the babe and spend time with Andy... there just aren't enough hours in the day to have either of these options happen. Which is how we came to the solution of purchasing the elliptical.

Andy used his strong muscles to put it together yesterday and today I mulled up the courage to be the first one to actually work out on it. Usually at the gym I will do an interval workout where it's easy for 2 minutes, then hard for 2 minutes, 30 minutes total. This machine kicked my butt so hard I couldn't even do that! My knees were giving out and I was COMPLETELY out of breath within 4 minutes of running. So I just gave in and did a manual workout, which still kicked my arse. This can be proven with the following pictures:

Please notice the gross sweat that has gathered at my collar, as well as the pajama pants I wore to work out in rather than workout pants. Another benefit of working out at home. I know I said I would post pics of what I look like since starting to lose weight. These are the newest, and I would like to point out that the shirt I'm wearing used to be tight on me.

So, happy early anniversary to my husband and I, and welcome to the family new elliptical. I hope we have a bright future together.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the elliptical. I really need to invest in one of those. Here's to success in your goals!

    Your son is absolutely adorable. I love those cow pring baby legs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower
    http://twochildrenandamigraine.blogspot.com/

    I am currently in the same boat..working out has to be my new acquired taste lol

    ReplyDelete