Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, it is officially the most important day of the year, my birthday. 27 years ago, I, Rachel McKenna, was brought into this world and thus made the world a better place. Those that I am close to would agree that I am much more subdued about my birthday now-a-days. In the past, I not only had a birthDAY but a birthMONTH. And I would blatantly ask anyone for presents. The birth month is no longer, but the asking of presents may still happen. I will admit to shaking the card to see if money falls out.

This year's birthday was pretty much a regular day. The kiddos at school brought me presents. I received a lot of hand made cards and a lot of hugs. I brought them cupcakes and forced them to sing happy birthday at the end of the day. My boys gave me a wonderful present: cake decorating classes! I do love my reality tv shows, and I really love cake shows. I mentioned a few times that I wanted to take classes so that I can start my own business. That part probably won't happen, seeing as I don't really know how to bake a cake, but I am crafty and want to be crafty with cake. Plus, I'll save money on buying cakes for L man if I can get this skill going!

After presents we went out to dinner and then sat on our butts at home while we watched tv. My kind of night. Currently the little man is sleeping and the big man is playing video games on the computer. I will soon be kicking his butt at a game of Skip Bo. Oh yeah, we're adventurous. For all of you that may not have known it was my birthday, or perhaps the thought just slipped your mind, I am still accepting presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment