Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's starting to grow...

A tooth that is. While feeding Logan today, Andy noticed a little white spot on his bottom gum. Yes ladies and gentlemen, we have a tooth pushing its way through. It hasn't reached the surface yet, but it will. And then my little man won't be so little anymore. He won't have a gummy smile. Instead, he'll have a toothy smile. Toddlers have teeth. Not itty bitty babies. Conclusion: Logan is getting too big. I LOVE him at this age. I wish I could just push pause for a little while longer.

We had an inkling that this was on its way. There were a couple of random diarrhea dipes this week. No fever, no cranky Logan? Most likely teething. I'm hoping that this tooth breaks the surface soon and we don't have to deal with a very cranky little man. My hopes are up, but I am aware that my expectations may not be met. So, we'll see how it goes. So far he hasn't been cranky, just normal L man. Soon to be normal L man with a tooth :(

2 comments:

  1. Aww - how bittersweet. We're expecting to start teething anytime soon as well, and I can imagine I'll feel the same way about my girl growing up. :( Of course we want them to grow up... but as mama's, can't we just keep them babes for a little while longer? Glad to hear he's handling it so well! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Logan! Beware Mom, they like to try out these new found marvels.

    Happy Monday! La

    ReplyDelete