Sunday, June 21, 2009

First official entry...First official Pregnancy!


Andy and I have decided to dabble in the world of the blog. Since so many of our friends and family live across the country, and we know that they want to hear about every minute of this pregnancy, we thought that a blog would be the best way to share the news. I suppose the best way to start is to share the story of our pregnancy, so here goes...

Andy and I had talked about trying to conceive during my school year, but with my Master's degree still going in full force, I was a bit apprehensive to give up the birth control and start letting nature take its course. We finally agreed that since I had been on birth control for awhile, it would probably take awhile for my body to adjust and to get rid of the ucky hormones related to the pill. Boy were we in for a surprise. After a tip from a teacher in my school, I ended up buying the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility in hopes to helping us figure out when I was ovulating and timing the pregnancy. Our plans were to get preggers in July, tell our family when we came home, and pop a baby out right before the end of the school year so that I would have 5 glorious month with baby Mc instead of having to break up my time in chunks.

About a week before my period was due, I began to notice that my breasts were very tender, something I have never experienced. My mom thought that it was because my body was getting ready for Aunt Flo, but without the help of birth control. I kept making jokes that I was pregnant, hoping, but not really thinking I was. When I missed my period on July 17th, I went to the store on a whim and bought a pregnancy test, along with some prenatal pills. I have been doing my research on vitamins I should be taking. I came home, did the peeing on the stick thing, and figure I just wasted a good preg. test. My mom actually called right after I took it and I was joking around, telling her that I took a test, but it was most likely not positive. I took a glance at the test and screamed! Instead of the two minus signs, there was a plus and a minus. I kept telling my mom that I thought I was pregnant and I think she was confused, so I had to explain exactly what I saw on the test. So much for keeping it a secret until we went home in July. I realized that it may in fact be a false positive, so I told my mom I would call her back once I downed some more water and had to once again use the facilities. An hour later, and the 2nd test down...another positive! After calling my mom back, I called my grandmother, who in turn told my aunt and cousin. Please remember, I have not yet told Andy, the father of our little poppyseed.

I waited two hours for Andy to get out of work and return home. The tests were waiting on his computer and his first reaction was "So, how did you fake this?" Afterwards there was hugging, kissing, some tears on my parts, realization that all of our saved money would be gone, and then pure happiness. I did take another test, just in case the first two were wrong, and it again showed a positive. I guess I should have noticed how tired I've been (I just thought I was being lazy), and of course there was my EXTREMELY sore chest. The first doctors appointment is Wednesday and hopefully all will go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment