Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is my Mommy's birthday! Happy Birthday Mommy! It's always days like today that I wish we could be back in Michigan with our families. It also doesn't help that there is a pure Michigan commercial on every 10 minutes on the TV. It's as if they're beckoning me to come back. Alas, we are here in 104 degree weather.

Today also marks another special day. One year ago today Andy and I found out that we were pregnant with the most amazing baby boy. I still remember how I had everything planned out in case I was pregnant. We were going to send a present to our parents with some goodies about being grandparents and let them figure it out that way. Instead, my mom called just as I was getting ready to check the pee stick and I started screaming from excitement. Whoops, surprise was blown. And, since I told my mom first, I figured I shouldn't wait to tell Andy like I had planned, and told him when he came home from work. He somehow thought that I was playing a joke on him and had found a fake positive pregnancy test. Silly Andy. It seems like such a long time ago that our amazing adventure began. And now we have a little roly poly man that is the center of our worlds. It's true that there are things you give up when you have a baby. This summer I don't get to go home on my annual summer trip. Andy and I don't get to have a mini vacation for our anniversary. Most importantly, we don't get to sleep in past 6 am. Still, it's true how everyone says it's worth it. I love waking up and seeing my little man smile wide at me when he recognizes my face. I love having him giggle at his Daddy when Andy comes home from work and nuzzling his head into my neck. I even love comforting him when he's screaming his head off. So, happy one year conception birthday Logan!

No comments:

Post a Comment