Wednesday, June 23, 2010

4 month checkup...check!

Today was Logan's 4 month check-up, which means checking the weight, height, activities he can do, and another round of the dreaded shots. Here are the stats:

Weight: 15 lbs. 6 oz (48th percentile, not as chubby as we thought!)
Height: 24 inches
Head Diam.: 17 inches (HUGE head)

He's currently right on track with all of his activities. The Dr. said that if he hasn't rolled completely yet, it should be happening within the next two weeks or so, especially since we've caught him sleeping on his side at night. The doc was pretty impressed with how well and how long Logan is sleeping. He didn't expect him to sleep through the night yet.

We ended our Dr. day with a trip to the mall to help Mommy pick out a new swimsuit. Although I have been losing quite a bit of weight (Down 13 lbs.!), I'm not feeling comfortable with the swimsuit from last year. I think it's true that your body shifts in different ways after a pregnancy. I love the swimsuit I have, but I'll save it for the time when I lose even more weight. We made our way to JC Penney and I ended up buying this lovely garment:

I wasn't too sure about it in the store, but after coming home and showing it to Andy, I think it's growing on me. We'll see this Friday when Logan I go to visit Stefanie and show off our skills in the pool.

The day's festivities ended when we came home, drank some more prune juice to get the poop flowing, and promptly poo-ed on ME. Yes, that's right, Logan pooped on me. He's continuing to have some pooping issues, so the Dr. told me to give him at least one bottle of prune juice a day, maybe two if he hasn't gone. So, I gave him another bottle at night, he loved it, and within an hour, I heard the poo noise. Although it may be gross, I was excited. The poor kid hasn't gone in almost three days! So, I waited a minute so that he could finish his business, got up from the computer where he was sitting on my lap, and started walking to his room. I then felt a wetness running down my leg. It seems that the prune juice worked a little too well and we had yet another pooptastrophe, this time running down my leg. I screamed for Andy, he came and wiped me down, grabbed the boy, and we stripped off his clothes and mine. We then both headed for the bath/shower. Although it may not have happened in the best of circumstances, this crazy adventure resulted in Andy giving Logan a bath by himself for the first time. Thank goodness it was me who had the mess down my leg, I think Andy would have had a fit. I'm so immune to gross baby stuff, I was just happy the little one finally did his business.

So now, here we are: Andy's at hockey, Logan's asleep for the night, and I get to rest and blog. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment