Monday, July 25, 2011

Warning!

Before you start reading, I will come right out and say that this is not going to be a happy go lucky post. I'm in a blah mood, therefore you will be getting a blah post. But I promise I'll try to throw in a new and improved picture of Logan at the end.

I, Rachel McKenna, am going to finally admit that I miss Arizona. Bits of it, not the whole thing. I miss my friends, A LOT. And I do miss our really small and cramped house, minus the scorpions that stung me. Also, it would be nice to jump into a pool that is just down the road from me, even if it did feel like bath water. Most of all, I miss my school. Today all of my AZ teacher friends are getting up extra early to go into work and greet one another, share what they did over summer break, and gear up for another school year. One that starts next week, which is crazy to me. I love how the beginning of the school year is another fresh start with a new set of students that I get to know and love. It's just such a strange feeling to go into Target and to not look for sales on wide ruled notebooks, folders, crayons, glue, etc. I really think this no teaching thing is getting me into a depressive state. My kid can only do so many funny things during the day, I need new material that I can share with Andy from my classroom.

So, now that I have admitted the ugly truth about missing AZ, here is the promised picture of Logan. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. We miss you guys! I sort of miss the fact that I'm not going back to work and catching up with people, but on the other hand I think about the stress and demands that are placed on teachers and I'm happy that I'm not going back there. I hope something comes up soon! Are you able to sub?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too! It's hard not having friends here for Logan. I can sub, but I wouldn't make that much money, especially after paying for day care. I've been applying for parapro jobs and preschool. It's just hard when I know I could have been starting another school year back in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about day care costs. Josh is pushing me to find something more full time and right now neither of our parents can do full time Silas watching so Day Care would have to be figured in. I just can't stomach the idea of starting a new school without knowing more about it vis subbing. Why aren't educators paid more? How did the interviews go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the one close to where I live went really well. I felt very confident in everything I was saying and didn't really flub any questions up. There are about 4 positions available, so the odds are good.

    ReplyDelete