Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's time for a change

Change is good, it's wonderful! And I am jumping on the bandwagon. Before having Logan I was not too happy with my body. You see, Andy really likes to eat out and when he and I started dated, we both started eating out A LOT. I was always proud of myself for not gaining the freshman 15. Instead, I gained it during my senior year of college. While back in Michigan we started counting calories and eating tons and tons of pickles (0 calories=free food). The result was a whopping 30 pounds lost. Yay me! Then we moved to Arizona and were introduced to wonderful Mexican food on every corner...and then came Logan. I was left 15 pounds heavier than I had been back in Michigan and absolutely hating getting dressed in the morning. I know that during the majority of the day I have little kids looking at my clothes and I really should not be self-conscious about how I look, but there are times when I venture out of the classroom and speak with other adults, ones that are much smaller than me. Hence the self-conscious vibe. So, I decided that I was tired of being over weight and blaming it on something to make me feel better, and I joined Jenny Craig. I'm a little over a week into the program and so far so good. The food is actually tasty and I like having to go in and talk with someone every week. I think this helps me to not cheat because I'm not good at lying and would most likely feel guilty. I do miss burger king, and especially chipotle, but there are ways I can go there and still stick to the plan. So far I'm down about 2 pounds. Only 28 more to go!

In other news, my last paper for my Master's class is due tomorrow. I then have 5 days to finish my portfolio and I am officially a graduate of Walden University with a master's degree! If only I could celebrate with food :(

No comments:

Post a Comment