Monday, January 9, 2012

1 more month

The day is slowly creeping up on us. February 9th, the day in which I will be the mother of a....2 year old ::shudder::. A mixture of fear and sadness has built up inside of me. First of all, let me tell you that Logan has the terrible two's down to a science, yet he's still not two. Does this mean that the terrible two's will be even more horrible than the last month of his life? I'm not sure if I can handle this. I do take some blame for trying to move him up to a big boy bed. That was a FAIL. Sleeping through the night was gone, taking naps was gone. Logan: 1, Mommy and Daddy: 0. However, the rest of the brattiness is on him. Normally I will ask him a question and I get, "NO!!". Please pretend you hear this with the attitude of a 13 year old girl, because that is exactly what it sounds like. Yet I still want a girl...

The sadness does linger inside of me though. Sometimes I will look at his baby pictures and realize that he used to be so very small. I could cradle him in my arms. He fit on his changing table. He's such a big boy now. He's independent. He has an ENORMOUS vocabulary (without any swear words thank you! I had to cut some out of my own). He knows some numbers, some letters, colors, shapes. Basically he's a genius. I know that he's going to start having his own hobbies soon...ones that include cars, and sports, and all things non-mommy. I'm still trying to push in the arts and crafts, perhaps a little dancing, dress up, maybe a tea party? And the next thing you know he'll be 18 and moving out, and then getting married...things just need to slow down.

For now, I'm thankful for this:

No comments:

Post a Comment