Monday, November 9, 2009

It's been awhile

I know, I'm a horrible blogger. I always spy on everyone else's blog, but never have the motivation to add to my own. But, with Andy leaving me all by my lonesome while he goes and works (plays) in Vegas. So far the pups and I have been pretty bored. I got a lot of grading done if that tells you anything.

Little Logan has been kicking up a storm in my tummy the past few weeks. A favorite past time for Andy and I is to sit and look at my belly while he kicks. It's so crazy when you can actually see one of his body parts moving inside of there. I think we're both getting to the point where we're ready to meet him, we just don't have everything quite into place yet. I had a little freak out the other day when I realized that I didn't actually know if we had daycare set for him. I quickly sent a message to my friend Tricia who assured me that she was saving a spot for him at her daycare. Definitely a relief. There are just so many odds and ends and I really should get on them.

To do list item #1: Sign up for parenting classes.
This has been on our to-do list for at least a month, if not more. At this rate, Logan will be born by the time we sign up for the classes. Hopefully we'll figure out how to set up the car seat.

To do list item #2: Pick a doctor.
I'm not quite sure if we pick the doctor before he is born, or if we pick the doctor after he is born. Then there is the whole thing with interviewing a doctor. Don't know if I'm comfortable with this one...

To do list item #3: Finish the nursery.
There are many things that need to be done to our nursery. We need another shelf to hold toys, lamps, odds and ends, etc. Then we need to put it together. That's the part I have to talk Andy into. I REALLY want an orange rug and orange curtains, but I'm not finding them anywhere. We need items to hang on the walls...blah. All of this will have to wait until Thanksgiving break.

To do list item #4: Make sure he stays in my belly until the due date.
I'm freaking out about this. I have a schedule that I want to stick to. If he comes early, it's all screwed up. Lauren is visiting April 4-9. I have that week, then one more, and after that I'm back to school from my maternity leave. I'm really hoping that she's not going to be stuck babysitting during her spring break. I also have a scheduled time in which I asked for time off. It would be a lot easier if he came during that scheduled time.

For now I'm just trying to relax and enjoy being pregnant...especially the food part!

No comments:

Post a Comment