Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Baby Mc's first drum solo


Andy and I made our way to the doctors office today for yet another ultrasound. I was a bit nervous since last time they couldn't hear our little peanut's heart beating. I plopped myself up on the table, the ultrasound was started, and we heard the technician say, "I can see the heart beating". YAY! It was crazy, we could actually see the little flickers, kind of like a fast lightening bug. We could actually see him/her this time too. Last time I had no idea what I was looking at. This time, we definitely had a peanut shape. Baby Mc's a grower! After a few more uncomfortable minutes, she turned the sound on and we could actually hear the drum solo going on in my belly. It's all very surreal. Andy was giggling like a little school girl, while I just tried to wrap my mind around the fact that the drum solo was going on in MY stomach, but it wasn't me producing the heartbeat, it was a little living thing. I still don't really think it's hit me that there's a child inside of me. Other than being nauseous all the time and wanting to eat only fruit, my life hasn't changed a whole lot. But yep, there's a baby inside of me. A real one. With a heart beat. Andy was carrying the photos around like a proud father, so cute. We scheduled the next two ultrasounds and from what they tell us, we'll most likely be able to tell the sex of the baby at our next one, which is August 14th. That's so soon! I was expecting 5 months. The craziness of technology I guess. When we came home, Lucy made sure to raid my purse and almost chew up our precious pictures. I can tell she's going to be jealous of the little one.

On another high note for the week, Andy bought me an iPhone, mostly because he wanted a new phone too, but partly because he realized we will never again be able to splurge on things we want. Better get it over with now.

No comments:

Post a Comment